Shajil Anthru as Litterateur:
Born in Thiruvananthapuram in 1968, Shajil Anthru started writing short stories and poems at small ages following the footsteps of his father, K M Anthru, a short story writer and essayist in Malayalam.
His first published creative writing is an English poem at 11. Thereafter, he published stories, poems and essays in leading newspapers and magazines in Malayalam.
His published works are Rekshakante Varavu (2010)-Malayalam short story collection, Utharam (2013)–Malayalam novel, Swapanagalile Pakshi (2017)–Malayalam poetry collection, Over a Cup of Tea (2018) – Love story collection in English, Ey… CHU (2019) Collection of two love stories, Viswasahithyathile ettavum cheriya kadha (2020)–Malayalam story, Janus and other poems (2021)- English poems, Redefining Literature (2021)–English Literary essays, Six Word Stories (2021) – English stories , In Memoriam of Ernest Hemingway (2021) – English short stories, Fishbone Poetry(2021) – a new poetic form, The era of Zeroism (2021) – Essay about new era, ZEROISM AND SHORTEST STORY (2021) – a collection of shortest story, its relation with Zeroism and screenplay based on shortest story, Neelakasham (2022)–Malayalam Poems, Kottaraviplavam (2022)–Malayalam Short Stories and Unveiling the new world (2023)
He is the Author of the shortest story in the world in one and three words, thereby surpassing Ernest Hemingway’s six word story. He is the founder of Fishbone Poetry–a new poetic form. Also he introduced a philosophy – -New order of the day, named Zeroism, an alternative to post Meta modernistic era. Media and community appreciated him as a propagator of Poetic Leadership, which is an alternate to authoritarian dictatorship, which is the only future for a sustainable world.
India Book of Records and Asia Book of records –awarded Record Title “Shortest love story” for his three word story “Ey”in 2020 and “Shortest story written by an individual “ for his one word story in 2023.
Shajil Anthru is the Honorary Chief editor of Litterateur Redefining World, a transnational online magazine which publishes authors around the world and act as universal platform for writers and artists. He introduced K M Anthru International Literature Prize in memory of late father K M Anthru, which is a silver medallion awarded every year to a writer for his comprehensive contribution to Literature from 2021.
- Felicitated by College union, Mahakavi Vennikulam Gopalakurup Memorial Government Polytechnic College, Vennikulam Award “for publishing world’s shortest story, for developing technology for the betterment of common man and for molding the institution to a center of excellence on December 13, 2019”
- Awarded “Best Principal Award 2020 in recognition of valuable contribution to the academic community and the students by Institute of Scholars on February 2020”
- India Book of Records–awarded Record Title “Shortest love story”. The record for authoring the shortest love story was set by Shajil Anthru (born on January 27, 1968) of Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. Ey….Chu comprises two love stories and sixteen chapters wherein the only chapter of the second story is the shortest, with merely 4 lines and 4 words. The book is published by Xpress Publishing (an imprint of Notion Press and bears ISBN 978-1-64760-189-8), as confirmed on January 18, 2020.”
- Jan Shikshan Sansthan Pathanamthitta, Ministry of Skill Development, Govt. Of India awarded and felicitated for the “Record for Authoring the Shortest love story, India Book of Records on February 2020.”
- Keralakaumudi–UTEC Trivandrum, felicitated and awarded “Keralakaumudi–UTEC 2021,”, Kerala for “distinguished work on various domains as technocrat, litterateur and academician simultaneously” on April 2021
- Awarded “Innovation Excellence Award 2021” from Innovation and Research Society, Kerala”
- Awarded “International Achiever Award 2021” from International Research Association, England
- Asia Book of Records confirmed on May 11, 2021 Shajil Anthru (born on January 27, 1968) of Kerala, India, set a record for authoring the shortest love story.
- Awarded International Lifetime Achievement Award 2020-21, instituted by the International Institute of organized Research (I2OR) which is a registered MSME with the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Government of India (Registration Number: UDYAM-PB-20-0002405)
- Awarded Award for Excellence in Literature & Poetry – the Indian Glory Awards 2021 organised by Kiteskraft
- “Keynote Speaker” for the Global Edu-Conclave 2021 27th June 2021
- “Best Indian Golden Personalities award 2022”, “Leading Educationist Of India Award”, “Bharat Excellence Award” from Friendship Forum India.
- “Shajil Anthru through his commitment and passion towards Literature founded ZEROISM- New order of the day, an alternative to post Meta modernistic era and FISHBONE POETRY – a new poetic form in the world along with becoming the WORLD’S SHORTEST STORY WRITER in three words surpassing Ernest Hemingway’s six-word story, which clearly distinguishes Shajil Anthru as one of the outstanding awardees of the decade”
This is an excerpt from the Letter of Recommendation to consider Honoris Causa placed before the Senate and Honorary Council Committee chaired by the Vice Chancellor of Euro Asian University to award a Honorary Degree to Shajil Anthru in the Field of Literature which is one of the most Dignitary Honorary Awards in the current era.
Subsequently, Euro Asian University conferred upon Dr. Shajil Anthru, PhD (Hon) in Literature. Endorsement number EAU202220143113 on 30/12/2022.
- The International Institute of Organized Research (I2OR) based in India and Australia honoured Shajil Anthru with the International Outstanding Principal Award 2022-23 for achieving an impressive benchmark by starting the first Industry on Campus in India and Kerala for the assembly of Electric vehicles and Display systems, there by ensuring a stipend for all students in a college
- India Book of Records–awarded Record Title “Shortest story written by an individual”. The record for writing the shortest story was set by Shajil Anthru (born on January 27, 1968) of Thiruvananthapuaram, Kerala. He wrote a book titled ‘Unveiling The New World’ which comprises 3 chapters wherein one chapter consists of a one word story ‘Hai’ (in English, Malayalam and Hindi). This book is published by Notion Press (ISBN: 979-88-90663-88-7) in the year 2023, as confirmed on July 19, 2023.
- Asia book of records confirmed on August 8,2023 set a record for writing the shortest story in one word
- World’s Shortest Story writer in one and three words surpassing Ernest Hemingway’s six word storyFounder of Fishbone Poetry–a new poetic form in the world 2020
- Founder of Zeroism- New order of the day, an alternative to post Meta modernistic era.
- Propagator of Poetic Leadership, which is an alternate to authoritarian dictatorship, which is the only future for a sustainable world.
- Appreciated by media and the community for Polython 2019, which marks its difference in achieving multiple goals within short time.
- The English Learning Project for Regional students to enhance results in technical Colleges is successful and acknowledged.
- Instrumental in devising a strategic long-term plan for COVID-19 control and post Covid rehabilitation and job transition for sustainable growth.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP AND POSITIONS
- Lifetime Professional Member of Institute of Scholar
- Board Member of International Research Journal of Modernization in Engineering Technology and Science (IRJMETS)
- Reviewer for InSc–International Journal of Electronics, Electrical and Communication Engineering
- Reviewer and member of an editorial team of International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology
- Honorary Chief editor of Litterateur Redefining World, a transnational online magazine which published over 300 authors around the world
- Contributing Editor of Keralabhooshanam Magazine, Kerala
- Fellow Member of International Institute of Organized Research (I2OR) w.e.f. May 2021.
- On-Off Controller for Covid Management,(IRJET) Volume 7, Issue 5, May 2020 (https://irjet.net/volume7-issue5) S.No: 1469
- Medical Waste Management in Covid era, (IRJET) Volume 7, Issue 6, June 2020 https://irjet.net/volume7-issue6 S.No: 853.
- Post-Election Impact on COVID-19 Spread (IRJMETS), Volume 3, Issue 4, April 2021
- “COVID-19–PREDICTION TO PREDICTION” (IRJMETS)–Volume 3 Issue 5, May 2021
- “Instrumentation–Use of First Engineering Discipline Evolved and it’s Significance in Covid-19 Management” (IRJMETS–Volume 3, Issue 5, May 2021
- Technical Articles in Weekly column of Keralabhooshanam Malayalam Daily from June 2019 to June 30, 2020.
- “Earn while you learn–through industry on campus” International Research Journal of Modernization in Engineering Technology and Science, Volume:04/Issue:11/November-2022.
- ” INFLUENCE OF INSTRUMENTATION IN GROWTH OF A COUNTRY” (IRJMETS-Volume 5 Issue 2, February 2023.)
- “BEYOND POST MODERNISTIC ERA-THE ERA OF ZEROISM” (IRJMETS- Volume 5 Issue 5, May 2023.)
- Rekshakante Varavu – Malayalam Short story [ISBN-9789380121079]
- Utharam – Malayalam Novel [ISBN 978819097]
- Swapnagalile Pakshi – Malayalam Poetry collection [ ISBN – 881909700-1]
- Over a Cup of Tea – English short story collection [ISBN 978819097-9]
- Ey…Chu – English short story includes the world’s shortest story [ISBN: 9781647601898]
- Viswasahithyathile Ettavum Cheriya Kadha – Malayalam short story [ISBN-9781648696442 ]
- Janus and other poems -English Poetry Collection [ISBN-9781638323150 ]
- Redefining Literature – English Essay [ISBN-13 : 979-8708423153]
- Six Word Stories (2021) – English stories [ISBN 9781685098575]
- In Memoriam of Ernest Hemingway (2021) – English short stories. [ISBN-13 : 979-8546013363]
- Fishbone Poetry(2021) – a new poetic form [ISBN-13 : 979-8708423153]
- The Era of Zeroism (2021) – Essay about new era [ISBN-13 : 979-8708423153]
- ZEROISM AND SHORTEST STORY (2021) – a collection of shortest story, its relation with Zeroism and screenplay based on shortest story [ISBN-13 : 979-8708423153]
- Neelakasham (2022) – Malayalam Reflectoem (Poems) [ISBN:9798889235545]
- Kottaraviplavam (2022) – Malayalam Short Stories [ISBN : 9798889593362]
- Unveiling the new world (2023) – Essay on shortest story to Zeroism which includes one word story [ISBN:979-8890663887]
SHAJIL ANTHRU AS TECHNOCRAT AND ACADEMICIAN
Current Role: Principal, Govt. Polytechnic College, Attingal, Kerala.
Experience: 34 Years
Current Employer: Technical Education Department, Govt of Kerala
Highest Qualification: PhD (Hons) in Literature
“Shajil Anthru through his commitment and passion towards Literature founded ZEROISM- New order of the day, an alternative to post Meta modernistic era and FISHBONE POETRY – a new poetic form in the world along with becoming the WORLD’S SHORTEST STORY WRITER in three words surpassing Ernest Hemingway’s six-word story, which clearly distinguishes Shajil Anthru as one of the outstanding awardees of the decade”
Institute: Euro Asian University
Endorsement number EAU202220143113.
Year of Passing: 2022
2 nd Highest Qualification: M.Tech
Institute: Kerala University
Year of Passing: 2001
3 rd Highest Qualification: B.Tech
Specialization: Applied Electronics and Instrumentation
Institute: Kerala University
Year of Passing: 1989
Qualified IRCA QMS Auditor
Certificate No: LA/02/IN/18140 DT 19-09-2007
Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt, Anexas Denmark
Certificate No: MBBBAN050712/316/07 dated 09/07/2012
Chartered Management Institute
CMI Level 5 Certificate Management and Leadership (QCF)
Learner Number P04467533 date of issue: 05/01/2016
Total Experience 32 years
a) March 2019 to Present: Department of Technical Education
Position: Principal @Attingal
- Conducted “Innover En Polytechnic 2021”
- New 8 crore building sanctioned,
- 10 crore building exclusive for Community College and Center of excellence in Automobile in pipeline,
- To provide an opportunity to gain work experience and earn while studying, the Government Polytechnic College at Attingal, Thiruvananthapuram, has launched a first-of-its-kind ‘Earn While Learn’ initiative for students.
- Arranged interaction of students with international personalities during the Covid period.
- 4 multinational companies to sign MOU for IOC in pipeline for “Earn while Learn project”
- Started 2 course community college only in the state with free fees for 50 % students..
- 9 Industry on campus started
- 25 karmapadhathi for society named “സമൂഹത്തിലേക്ക് നീരുറവയായി…” for 75 th independence day introduced
- Inauguration of State wide IOC by Honourable Chief Minister successfully conducted in Polytechnic.
- Conducted ഊർജ്ജതന്ത്ര 2021–ACE MAKATHON–and gained two first prizes for E vehicle and Pico hydel project
- Introduced “Mission Go Green” on campus.
- Purchased Bolero Van for driving practice for students.
- Conducted a job fair in the college giving opportunity to the public. During that job fair, a survey was taken by the college from the employers to understand the weakness of candidates who were rejected. Later, they were given training in that specific area.
- Consultancy introduced in CEC
- Projects for Technological Transfer introduced.
- Signed MOU with Axeon venture Pvt ltd for assembling electric auto rickshaw and began its activities. FIRST IOC IN THE STATE OF KERALA.
- Started “She Biz”,the FIRST EARN WHILE YOU LEARN FOR ALL GIRL STUDENTS in the campus.
Position: Principal @Vennikulam
- Developed a serene location with good academic ambience at Vennikulam campus
- In Vennikulam, departments with well-equipped Laboratories and Staff rooms constructed
- Hostel Block for Girls inaugurated
- Strengthening of the Library by preparing E-Learning materials done
- Strengthening of Sports facilities done
- Framed “Earn while learning” philosophy.
- Framed “Supporting the society”
- Introduce various clubs like Literary club, music club, etc
- Encouraged Innovation
- Developed Institutional strategic Plan for next FIVE years
- Conducted programme “Polython 2019” a one-month marathon effort to change the attitude and ambience of the Polytechnic. Experimented with a unique leadership style, “Poetic Leadership “which formed the basis of the book–Redefining Literature; New order of the day by self.
- Conducted programme of SAR building “One Day Miracle” for faculty in MVGM Polytechnic to motivate and prepare the staff for NBA.
b) July 2002 to March 2019: Department of Technical Education
Position: Head of Section
17 years’ experience as Administrative Head of Instrumentation Department
- Introduced a novel approach in the learning process by introducing an institution curriculum along with the academic curriculum which meets the goals of preparation for a career. The principle of soft skill training was introduced. Assessment method of students was restructured with an emphasis on continuous improvement on technical and non-technical skills. The system was documented and communicated. (2004-2005)
- Motivated students and equipped them to face a competitive environment after their studies.
- Guided in a project “Centralized Control of a gloves plant using PLC as the only controller.”
- Guided projects “Plastic to fuel prototype”, “Low Cost Sanitary Napkin Incinerator” and Prefab building using Fiber reinforced Precast Concrete Sandwiched Panels. Introduced Earn while Learn concept and Production center inside the campus.
- Instrumental in motivating students to start an entrepreneurship unit.
- Introduced and proved a new technique of improving results by increasing the English language usage of the students. A real time project done for improving English, which helps to improve technical subjects’ results, placement and skill, which resulted in achieving CMI Level 5 Certificate Management and Leadership (QCF)
- Applied Six Sigma method to improve the success rate of students in polytechnics
- Institutional Coordinator for NBA Accreditation
- Faculty for NBA Accreditation Training